Friday, April 11, 2014

Around The World by Ana Koza

Genre: Children's Book

Publisher: Book Baby
Release Date: August 19, 2013
Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Around the world teaches kids about different culture and what make us unique and special. The book will give shot of each characters' lives and they will give us a glance of their country.

 
I was given this book for an honest review.

This book seems like a good choice for children in the elementary school age group. My three year old liked the bright colors and pictures, as well as the counting of continents as we met someone from each one. I liked that it talked about us having differences but still all being the same, teaching acceptance and friendship. I really liked talking about that with my son, and that no matter what we look like or where we are from, we love everyone just the same. I did feel the pictures were bright to capture children's attention, but that they looked generically computerized. There was nothing special or exciting about any of the graphics. I would've loved to have seen more detail to accentuate the different lifestyles and surroundings. All in all it is a good book and I believe parents will be happy when they read this to their children.
I have a vast age group in my house.  5, 9, 11 year olds and they seemed to have all the same viewing on this book.  The illustrations were great. We all loved the colds and how it illustrated certain areas of the world, but that is where the likes stopped.  Myself I believe it was a little wordy for my five year old.  With the other two it would have been nice to see something that was completely different from america. Although I enjoyed reading this with my children, I must tell you that my kids pretty much said its not a book that would be something that would be continued to be read.
Picture
Author Ana Koza lives with her husband and sons Ari and Eli in San Diego, California. She was raised in Guadalajara, Mexico. Interested in writing since she was in school, Ana is now writing two future books for children which she expects to publish later this year. More information about Ana and her books can be found at her author web site www.kidintheclouds.com. Her books are available at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com and at book stores.

Author Links -

Website www.kidintheclouds.com.

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Ana-Koza/e/B00HX8RXAM/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

No comments:

Post a Comment