Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wildwood Spring by Allison Merritt

When Celia Landry and Turner Wildwood face their fears, they'll find the path to love.

No one goes to Wildwood Manor—a hulking stone house on a hill outside town. Legend has it crazy old man Wildwood owes his life to the magical water of the spring at the back of the property. Celia Landry needs that water to save her mother, and she'll brave anything to get it.

Turner Wildwood, the son of the house's eccentric builder, is growing as reclusive as his father. When Celia turns up at his door, he's drawn by her beauty and bravery. Wary of strangers, he doesn't reveal his identity, but agrees to her request. When she returns to Wildwood in wake of personal tragedy, he's waiting there with a stunning change in his heart. He knows he should tell her the truth, but he doesn't want to ruin their budding friendship.

Celia's curiosity leads her to part of the frightening answers hidden behind Wildwood's doors, but her own troubled past may lead Turner into danger neither of them suspected.


I was given this book for and honest review.

This book is phenomenal. It's a classic retold and done beautifully. This book is Beauty and The Beast for grown ups! I absolutely loved reading this story and could not put it down, at least not willingly. I found the imagery magical and could picture each scene as I read. The characters were sweet and fun, making me easily fall in love with them. I enjoyed this book so much I see myself re-reading it over and over again. Personally I loved Beauty and The Beast and it has always been my favorite, so naturally this book called to me. I think all fairy tale and Disney lovers should read this story and really any other readers as well!!!

5 stars overall
3 stars for steaminess

Buy The Book

No comments:

Post a Comment