Monday, July 14, 2014

Sunshine by Nikki Rae

Sunshine(330pgs) (release date: January 28, 2013):

18 year old Sophie Jean is pretty good at acting normal. Sure, she’s not exactly happy, but happiness is nothing compared to being like everyone else. She can pretend she’s not allergic to the sun. She can hide what her ex-boyfriend did to her. She can cover up the scars she’s made for herself. Ignore anything. Forget anything. Then Myles enters her life, and he has more than a few secrets of his own. When accident after accident keeps happening to Sophie, she can’t help noticing that he’s everywhere.
That he knows too much. That she’s remembering too much.

It’s one thing covering up her own dark past, but does she really need to worry about people finding out just how much Myles likes her? Or that despite how much she doesn't want to repeat past mistakes, she kind of likes him back? Not to mention the fact that she now has to conceal that Myles drinks blood-that he says he’s about four hundred years old.
She almost forgot about that part.
But Sophie has no plans to ruin the normal life she has created for herself.She can deal with this little glitch, no problem. Even if word has gotten around to the wrong vampire about Sophie and Myles, even if she’s putting the few people she loves at risk. Suddenly, those who were monsters before are just people, and the monsters? They’re real. Now being a normal human being is the least of her problems. Now she has to stay alive.

Review By Nichole
I was given this book for an honest review.
Sunshine
Nikki Rae
Self-published
2013
Reviewed by Nichole Smith for Luv Books Galore
My honest review
I give this book four out of five stars.

   When I first began reading “Sunshine” I was excited because I knew it was a paranormal romance and I love paranormal romance books. However, I began to get bored with the details of the first several chapters, as I am not a detail loving person, I rather get to the meat of the story. I will say this though, as much as I do not like details as the story unfolds I know that all of those details were needed in order for the meat of the story to make any sense at all. I found myself so drawn into the story as it progressed!
   I will admit that there were times that I thought to myself that there were a lot of similarities to “Twilight” but the big difference was the fact that “Sunshine” is better. There is more action and while it takes almost the entire book for the main characters to admit how they feel about one another, it makes it more believable. I mean who wouldn’t want to have a vampire boyfriend, but there are not a whole lot of us that would admit that they LOVE someone after just spending one day with them. I think that the author was wonderfully refreshing by not having them rush into a relationship like that. They began with being best friends and went from there and I think that relationships like that are what work better than any other kind.
   I cannot wait to read the next book in the series! I am dying to find out what happens with this couple because I think I know why Michael claimed he needed to kill Sophie…and why she is allergic to the sun. The only reason I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars is because it was a very slow beginning but it is definitely a must read for anyone that likes paranormal romance! 



No comments:

Post a Comment