Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sun Poisoned by Nikki Rae

Sun Poisoned (229pgs) (release date: June 28, 2013)

Sophie’s life has changed. She’s moved to New York, she’s playing music for new people, and she’s making new friends. Then there’s Myles, and the fact that he is now her boyfriend—and everyone knows it.
She’s not exactly normal, living in a half-human, half-vampire world, but she’s finally, truly happy. However, some parts of Sophie and Myles’ old lives still hide in the dark, waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
Sophie’s having nightmares again, but they aren't about her; Myles is hiding something as well, something Sophie isn’t sure she wants to know.

And one lie will change everything.

No matter how hard she tries to cover up the marks her monsters have left behind, they never truly go away, and Myles’ monsters are no different.
Once again, Sophie’s caught between life and death, but this time, only she can save herself.

Review by Nichole
I was given this book for an honest review.
Sun Poisoned
Nikki Rae
2014
Reviewed by Nichole Smith
My Honest Opinion
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars



   I read the first book, “Sunshine” and I could not wait to get my hands on this book. The second book in this series did not disappoint me one bit. It had action, mystery, and of course young love. By the time I got to the end of the book I was just reeling and dying to read the third in this series!
   One of my favorite things about this book as well as the first one, is the chapter titles and the lines from songs. The author uses bands that I love, but are not as main stream in today’s music stations. I love it because it, at least for me, gives me a little clue as to what is to come or what is going on in that part of the book.
   I love how Sophie and Myles are so in love. I have read as Sophie started out as a girl who never trusted anyone, not even anyone in her family one hundred percent and she is now starting to let that go a little bit at a time giving her trust to Myles. I have really connected with Sophie.
   I was surprised to find out the main bad guy, Michael was still alive. However, the fact that he was and was still watching her and was still after her was exciting. I did have a laugh out loud moment when I read that they thought she had a fang stuck in her leg. I think the reason I thought it was so funny is because it is not something I have ever seen or heard of before but just the thought of a vampire losing a tooth in a victim I found very funny. Of course there are some other funny moments and some sad moments as well.
   This is a book series where you just cannot help but fall in love with the characters. They all remind you of someone you know, friends, family, and sometimes yourself. Bravo! I look forward to reading the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment