Title: Hearts on Fire (Hidden Springs Series #2)
Author: Kristine Raymond
Genre: Historical Western Romance
Release Date: December 26, 2013
SynopsisJack Tanner has never had a shortage of beautiful women on his arm…or in his bed. As the marshal of Hidden Springs, he has his pick of any eligible woman in town. So why is it that the only woman he wants is the one who won’t even give him the time of day? Landry Prescott has had a crush on Jack Tanner since the day she laid eyes on him. Feeling like she is unable to compete with the young, beautiful women that he surrounds himself with, she chooses to ignore him instead. When Landry’s life is threatened, Jack comes to her rescue and the spark of interest that had been buried in each of them ignites into a blaze of passion. Is their newfound desire the result of circumstance? Will their love burn out quickly or will they forever have hearts on fire?
Excerpt“Landry, honey, are you hurt? Landry, look at me.” Jack reached over and pulled her up by her shoulders. Once she was standing, he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly. He could feel her shaking and she buried her head into his chest. They stood there like that for several minutes until her tremors subsided then she straightened up and pulled herself out of his arms. “Are you hurt?” he asked again, lifting her chin with his finger so that he could look at her. An angry knot twisted in his stomach when he saw the dark mark on her face. Her cheeks were wet and streaked from the tears that had fallen and he couldn’t resist the temptation to wipe them away. He slowly brushed his thumb across her cheek, first one side then the other and heard her soft intake of breath. In the dim lamplight, he saw her eyes widen as he lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her. It was a soft kiss, the merest brushing of his lips on hers but it was enough to make him instantly hard. He pulled away and took a step back, trying to get himself under control. After what she had just been through, he didn’t think it was entirely appropriate to take her to bed, which is what he wanted to do in the worst way. No woman had ever had this effect on him before. He had known Landry for over two years. How had he never noticed her before?
About the Author
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Website ~ Amazon Author Page ~ Goodreads
20 Fun facts about me
1. I don’t fly…in airplanes. I don’t fly not in airplanes, either.
2. I use a computer mouse upside down. I’ve tried to learn how to use it the way other people do…my brain is not wired that way.
3. I’m a vegetarian
3. I’ve never ridden in a convertible …with the top up or down
4. I wear socks all of the time…even in the summer. Love the aloe infused ones!
5. My socks have to match
6. The first thing I do when I get home is take off my shoes
7. I used to own a pig named Wilbur
8. I hate to exercise
9. I own six different exercise machines
10. I was raised near the ocean
11. I cry when I visit the ocean
12. I still read children’s books that I liked as a kid
13. I love Disney animated movies …the original ones like Bambi and Sleeping Beauty
14. I have seen a real roadrunner …I was disappointed when he didn’t say “Beep Beep”
16. I like to eat the same thing, day after day, for weeks until I become sick of it…then I won’t eat it again for a year
17. I have tablets of paper and bunches of pens all over my house. It never fails that when I need to write something down, I end up using a napkin and then promptly misplace it
18. I love to be organized
19. My office is so disorganized
20. I finally started listening to the voices in my head …and became an author.
Purchase Here to Stay (Hidden Springs Series #1) on sale for $1.99!
Signed Copy of Hearts on Fire (US Only), ebook of Here to Stay, ebook of Hearts on Fire and Swag Pack (US Only)